*** NOTE: Tales of Argosa (aka LFG 2nd Ed) is a WIP. We have an advanced draft that will be released in September to everyone with LFG Deluxe in their DTRPG library (we will upload it as an additional PDF file) for playtesting and feedback. See our website (google Pickpocket Press) for our development posts so far. Hope you will join us in making ToA a great game!! ***
** This title is currently part of a discount bundle - scroll to the bottom for details! **
"Premium Colour" USD 69.95 Hardcover or USD 64.95 Softcover are the Full Colour options.
"Standard Colour" USD 49.95 Hardcover or USD 44.95 Softcover are the 70 gsm B&W options (some headings are colour).
All options include both the Colour and B&W PDF.
Hardcovers & Softcovers are full size 8.5" x 11".
Hardcover cover (Colour and B&W):
Softcover Cover (Colour and B&W):
Full Colour Option ("Premium Colour" USD 70 Hardcover or USD 65 Softcover - Hardcover pictured below, but the softcover interior is the same):
Black & White Option ("Standard Colour" is 70 gsm B&W USD 50 Hardcover, or USD 45 Softcover - Hardcover pictured below, but the softcover interior is the same):
Low Fantasy Gaming is a tabletop RPG built for gritty adventures in low or moderate magic settings. It has simple rules, dangerous combat, flexible PC customisation, and mysterious, unpredictable magic. Designed for short, episodic adventures in sandbox worlds, LFG provides the mechanics and tables needed for easy GM improvisation. It’s a heady mix of the best old school, modern, and new game design, wrapped around a familiar d20 core.
- Full Colour and B&W Line Art versions.
- 9 Classes: Artificer, Barbarian, Bard, Cultist, Fighter, Monk, Ranger, Rogue & Magic User; only two of which involve magic.
- 12th Level Max eliminates the most powerful spells, and keeps the mightiest monsters scary.
- Unique Features: every 3rd level design your own PC ability in conjunction with your GM. Don't want to make your own? Choose from 36 examples instead.
- Roll Equal or Under for attribute checks (including degrees of success) makes every stat point matter (rather than just the modifiers).
- Skills provide access to a level based Reroll Pool, smoothing the fickleness of d20 probability distribution.
- Willpower & Perception attributes replace Wisdom.
- Diminishing Luck attribute replaces saving throws and powers some Martial Exploits.
- Minor, Major & Rescue Exploits on top of damage, not in lieu, promote improvised stunts and moments of greatness.
- Dangerous Combat: Dropping to zero hp requires a roll on the Injuries & Setbacks table and healing is delayed by 1d3 minutes (magical or otherwise). Players don't roll to find out if their PC is All Dead or Mostly Dead until the battle ends and someone checks the body.
- Party Retreat & Chase rules allow the GM to throw whatever makes sense at the party, unshackling them from balanced encounters and quarantined zones.
- 5 minute Short Rests allow PCs to attempt Willpower checks to recover hit points and class abilities, encouraging the party to push on rather than camp.
- Long Rests take 1d6 days (or 1d4 in a safe, comfortable environment), mitigating the nova, rest, repeat problem for adventures with long periods between battles (eg: wilderness treks).
- Dark & Dangerous Magic tests and Divine Rebuke tests make all spell casting inherently uncertain. No at-will, teleport, mind reading or resurrection magic. Magic Users are less reliant on spells, proficient in one handed weapons and light armour.
- Evocative Spells: Spells have been tweaked and renamed, eg: Silent Image, Invisibility, Magic Missile and Hold Monster are instead Shadows & Dust, A Wisp Unseen, Lash of Unerring Pain and Crush of the Warp.
- Rare Magic Items, with obvious and discreet attunements, that unlock as their owners level up.
- GM Tables for Weather, Exploration Events, Random Encounters, Traps, Treasure, Disease, Madness, Tavern Brawls, Hirelings, Mass Battle, Naval Combat, NPC Quirks, Rival Adventurers, Blackpowder, and more.
- 130+ Monsters including effective Boss Monster options (eg: Off Turn Attacks match the party's action economy, and Stronger Luck grants saves even when a save is not normally permitted), plus Custom Monsters guide.
- Online Play Support: custom LFG character sheets are available for online VTTs Roll20, Fantasy Grounds MoreCore, Foundry, and Tabletop Simulator!
- Open Game Content: 99% of LFG text is "Open Game Content" under the Open Game Licence. Want to make your own adventures or expansions for LFG and sell them? Go right ahead!
- Character Sheets: Illustrated Colour and B&W character sheets (including a B&W Form Fillable PDF) are available as free downloads via DTRPG.
- GM Screen: 4 panel GM Screen PDF is available for free download via DTRPG.
- Starter Adventures: Three starter adventures are available for free download via DTRPG (Revelry in Northgate, Call of the Colossus, and Gift of the Silent God).
- Rules as Guidelines. The GM is the final authority on all LFG rules, which are expected to be tweaked to fit table preferences.
Prefer video summaries? Google Low Fantasy Gaming on Youtube for a range of 5 min videos on (i) How to Play, (ii) Magic, (iii) Combat Options, (iv) Danger & Grit, and more.
Questions? By all means ask here, on the oficial LFG site, or our Discord, MeWe, Facebook or Reddit communities.